Sunday, January 26, 2014

Udhagamandalam

We arrived in Udhagamandalam (also known as Udhagai or even easier- Ooty) this afternoon after quite an ordeal. We were supposed to be traveling in a 20 seater bus and after 2 hours of driving around Mysore ten of us plus a driver crammed in an SUV  for a 5 hour trip on switchback roads climbing to 2500m (over 8000 feet.) My carmates (especially Mike) were very sweet with my motion sickness- rubbing my back and putting cold compresses on my neck. Bleh!! After a shower and a nap I feel much better and this place is beautiful. It is called the Queen of the Hill stations in the heart of the Nilgiri Mountains in the state of Tamil Nadu. Tomorrow we will go hiking in the hills. Internet is a little sketch here but we'll try to update soon.
~Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Oh man…what a travel story! Were you all tourists? Bleh is right…no drugs help?
    Big name=big translation. Sounds beautiful.

    ReplyDelete