Saturday, January 18, 2014

The things I carry

This is my stuff

And this is how I carry it
 
A couple of people were curious about what we were bringing for such a long trip. Already after carrying the pack around it seems like too much. We are scheming ways to get rid of a few things- in particular some clothes for colder weather that we might need next week when we visit a hill station.
Here's the rundown...

2 pairs of sandals
1 pair sneakers and a couple of pair socks
A few shirts- long and short sleeve
A fleece- came in handy on the flight over and in the AC train but will definitely go before SE Asia
2 skirts
1 pair crop pants
1 pair long pant (also will go)
A few scarves
A shell/raincoat
A hat
5 pairs panties/ 2 bras
A bathing suit
Sunglasses, reading glasses, contacts and solution plus spares
Female hygiene products
Shampoo, toothpaste. toothbrush, hair care stuff etc.
Small knife and cutting board
Sewing kit
First aid kit
Big bag 'o meds
Bug dope
Batteries
Snorkel and mask
Guidebooks and language guides
Headlamp
Travel alarm clock
Kindle e-reader
Small computer for blogging
Shoulder bag for daytrips

I think that is about it. Mike has much less (one pair shorts, one pair long pants, a few t-shirts and button up shirts.) We both feel like we have too much and will  probably ship some things home from Delhi. I was able to borrow this amazing pack from my niece (Thanks Sam!!) It still has room even after I put all of that stuff in.
We also have acquired a few things- a piece of printed cloth for the beach, a nifty element for heating water, a book and Mike bought a pair of fake Crocs (it is the custom to take shoes off when entering a store or other business here and it was too much of a pain with lace up shoes plus they're good for the beach.)
So there it is- all my earthly belongings for the next five months. It will feel good to simplify further.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! My "what if I'll need this" bag is bigger than that! Good for you…have you "missed" anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutting board and knife.....genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have your hair dye…but what are you doing about getting it cut?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you go commando you could drop at least a couple ounces!! ��

    ReplyDelete