Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hampi

We've arrived in Hampi late this afternoon. Our day started after a sleepless night (for me.) I woke at about 2am after feeling something at my feet on the end of the bed. I turned on the light and saw a sweet little kitten purring away. Not sure how she got in but she scared me to death until I figured out what it was that was nuzzling my toes. After I shrieked (waking Mike up who was very unconcerned) I decided to share the bed with them both knowing that kitty would be on the watch should any other creatures try to sneak in. I dozed off for another hour or so until kitty put her face next to mine and meowed loudly. I let her out and after that didn't sleep much at all. We were up at 5:30am to catch a taxi to the train station for a 7 hour train trip followed by a half hour autorickshaw ride. I'm too tired to write much more but google image Hampi to get an idea of where we are. Tomorrow we'll rent a scooter and go exploring. I'll take some real pictures and post them later.
~Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. I looked up Hambi and Vijayanagara--looks amazing! Like something out of an Indaina Jones movie. Mike needs to get a fedora and a whip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just envisioning how the kitten got up in your hut! OMG, thank God it was a kitten and not…….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Freaked me out at first! I'm sure mike loved the kitty since he is allergic!!

    ReplyDelete